1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is my WIFI card broken?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mypingsux, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mypingsux

Mypingsux Thread Starter

Thank to whoever is reading this.

My new PC is windows 10, for the past weeks I have been using a Ethernet cable, until I decided to move my desktop to my room. After I finish moving everything, set up everything. So immediately I found trouble connecting to my wifi, either it keeps connecting and disconnecting or it will be able to get connected but with like a bar of internet. i cannot browse Google whatsoever. So I am wondering is the wifi card inside my PC is working properly or not. I saw on the device manager under the Network Adapter that I have an item called wireless-AC 9560, I'm guessing that the wifi card is working but I am not sure what is the problem, i cant even connect to Google with that 1 bar. My phone can connect with all bars in the same area as my PC. Thanks for reading... Please send help

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Most likely the signal is very weak. Maybe the antenna is loose or oriented badly or "hidden" in a corner or against a wall. Or perhaps there is an obstacle (even the computer itself) between the router (or access point) and the adapter's antenna.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice