1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is NETSCAPE a better browser?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by hotskates, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

I use Internet Explorer now and its fine but just wondered if Netscape is better?? I like the look of Netscape's homepage and thought about switching my browser to Netscape.

2. hewee

hewee

Yes Netscape 7 is better, faster and safer. :)

Here are some links.

http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/index6.html

http://sillydog.org/

http://moz.sillydog.org/

http://sillydog.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

I was told by Ramona who has the one site and is a mod at others...
    Harry, move on to Mozilla 1.6. It's a wonderfully stable browser, fast, small, and lots of plus features.
    Once you move to Mozilla you will kick yourself for not having done it sooner.

She is a old friend so if she says to get it then it has to be good and faster then netscape. It

3. mobo

mobo

Deffinitely a better all around browser but don't make the mistake that some make and delete IE as you will still need it for updating at windows updates.

4. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Hewee, Thanks for all the great information! I'll check Mozilla too!
    And thanks Mobo for letting me know NOT to delete IE. I've Got to keep those Windows updates coming:)

5. comprookie20

comprookie20

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I like my big fat hole filled IE. It is a challenge keeping things straight up in it, but every time I try a new browser I hate it. I have tried them all I think, opera, netscape,ie2, etc.
    Once you are set on the insecure IE, you get attached. Netscape and others are NOT more secure, they are less targeted if you know what I mean.
    Mac users will tell you Macs are not prone to virus's. Not true, no hacker worth his salt would write a virus for the .99 percent of the machines on the internet.
    Just my 2 cents. :)

7. mobo

mobo

8. ozzy11

ozzy11

That test is proof of what I`ve been tryin to show all of my friends who keep givin me a hard time for running netscape.Can`t wait to send`um THAT link!

9. mobo

mobo

iT TELLS THE TALE DOESN'T IT ?

10. hewee

hewee

Yes welcome hotsckates. :)

Also you need IE for others web site's now and then because some site only work or show up with IE. :(
    I have had to use IE something at sites that work ok with netscape but when I try to download it will not or it opens a page and it is all code. It is still the download of the file I found out so I stopped going to IE to get the download. When I go to save the web page it says under file type it is a .txt file but after I save the web page it will be what ever it should of been like a zip, exe etc. :D

11. hewee

hewee

12. BillC

BillC

Mobo. I've never seen that test before. It looked like it was running 19 tests, correct? What sort of results would you expect from an IE browser? I ran the test with these results using IE:

13. ozzy11

ozzy11

with netscape i got all 0`s it says you have a high risk hole in ie exporer.thats why I don`t use it

14. mobo

mobo

Netscape 7.1

The Browser Security Test is finished. Please find the results below:
    High Risk Vulnerabilities 0
    Medium Risk Vulnerabilities 0
    Low Risk Vulnerabilities 0

And thus I have no other reason but for windows update to use Internet Explorer.

15. BillC

BillC

Mobo and Ozzy...thanks for enlightenment. (y)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice