1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is NETZERO down?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Rokko Ralph, May 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rokko Ralph

Rokko Ralph Thread Starter

I'm having trouble connecting to my isp (netzero) and wanted to rule out the possiblity of it being down. I haven't been able to connect to their dialup servers or their mail servers for the past couple of days. Their webpage is up and running, but when I tried to login to download the newest version of the software, I was taken to page that said there was a miscommunication between my computer and their servers. Is there anyway to test whether the servers are working? If someone (is/knows of) a user that isn't having any problems let me know. Can a ping or something of its kind be done as a test? I'm not sure of the dial up server, but the pop3 server is: pop3.netzero.net and the SMTP server is: smtp.netzero.net .

2. chibby

chibby

I don`t know how much you use netzero but the last time I checked them out, you only got 40 hours/month free. Then it was 9.99/month or thereabouts.
    Free ISP`s are quickly becoming at thing of the past.
    Hope this helped.

3. Rokko Ralph

Yeah, they have that limit but I don't think I've used that many hours yet. Don't you think they would've given me a different error message? hmm, maybe not. Anyway, thanks for your advice about free isps being old.

4. Paul Nagel

Paul Nagel

I just checked and not only is Netzero still up and running, i got some e-mail advertisement from them while there. I used NZ for 2 years and finally got feed up with the declining service. It is only a back up now, but it still works. Their offer of $9.95 per month was to little to late. I found a local ISP for the same price that is always up, 46.6 to 53 kbps connections speeds consistantly and no limits. Enjoy NZ while you can. I personally feel it is gasping its last dying breath. As to your error message, if it does not clear up on its own, try reloading NZ and if still problems, reload your network protocols.

5. Rokko Ralph

Ok, I'll try what you've suggested.

P.S. Do you write calc programs? Your name sounds familar.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!