Is S.M.A.R.T. smart?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mcuk_storm

I have just had a message from SMART telling me that my hard drives failure was immenent. Does SMART really tell the truth, should i change my drive now?

Any advice much appreciated,

Grant

Just back up your stuff on cd-r and keep using it. Don't always believe a thing thats inferior to humans. You own your computer and you run it, it doesn't run you.

Good advice by EL CAPITAN BARAJAS AKA PIRINGA,
bow down to me you intelectually challenged and uncivilized gang members. All haters too!!!

BOW DOWN , lol, hows that for advice hehe :")

I wouldn't necessarily replace it now, but I sure as anything would be doing a drive image/clone, in case it did decide that it was going to that HDD repository in the sky!!!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I've had two drives come up with SMART warnings in the last year, one died a couple weeks later, the other got sent back for warranty replacement before it had a chance to die. I'd make sure you're prepared for a drive failure with good backups. It's not always a sure thing, but the failure warnings are there for a reason. :)

Start backing up now every SMART warning I have ever seen has come true, and if you have the money buy that new drive soon as you can, and clone an image of your present drive on it now so that when your drive fails you can go on without to much interruption.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online