is smiley central bad??????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

babylover80

hi i just wanted to know if i have smileys central, will it affect my computer to be slower and viruses and stuff? someone is telling me yes an d some people are telling me no. i have it but i don't know if it's doing anyhting....please help

Yes it is bad. It's adaware. I would definately not download that junk onto my computer. It'll be tough to remove it and annoying.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You can save the icons from Smileys Central and use them from another host, but you don't want to link to them there. I saved a bunch and put them on my Comcast host site.

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
If you decide to remove the program, be sure to go to the "Smiley" site for a download of their removal tool. Otherwise, trouble!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
No risk, it was a machine that I was about to rebuild, thought it was a good time to "risk" it. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts