Is someone connecting to my computer???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Franco_20

I was looking through my event viewer to see what kind of errors I have, and under applications there was a warning that said this:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event Category: None
Event ID: 63
Date: 7/12/2006
Time: 5:18:36 PM
User: COMP\Franco
Computer: COMP
Description:
A provider, OffProv11, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\MSAPPS11, to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

What does this mean? Is someone connecting to my computer?? Hope someone can help, Thanks in advance.

Several questions: Is your computer named COMP?
Is there a user account 'Franco' on your computer?
Who's your ISP? (i.e., AOL, NetZero, etc.)
Is the Windows frewall on?
Do you remember if the computer was on, who was using it, and what was being done at that date and time? Any idea?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online