1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

is someone hackin my computer?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by xrated, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xrated

xrated Thread Starter

Somethin is goin on. I have 2 accounts on hotmail, 2 on yahoo and one on myway. ALL my accounts have been disactivated!! I noticed when i ran adaware that it had a lot of adware and also, that i used the same password for all 5 accounts. It cant be a coincidence that all my email accounts have me disactivated. i havent done anythin wrong that i know of. wat can i do?

2. thatcoolguy

thatcoolguy

Unlikely.
    1st try tools/internet options/delete cookies .. then /delete files. Then try and log on to the acct's again. You can also try to access the acct's from another computer from another IP addy.
    Do you have a virus scanner? Firewall? Router (hardware firewall)? Dial up / broadband?

3. mobo

mobo

Also in the future it would be a good idea to have different passwords.

4. xrated

xrated Thread Starter

i deleted the cookies and files....that didnt work for me. i have NOD32 and ran it, found a couple of stuff but still no luck. I do have a router and i recently foward some ports, but i dont think thats the problem cuz my other accounts work and that has never been a problem. And im using broadband. As far as tryin it from another computer, im a try it and get back to you on that one.

5. xrated

xrated Thread Starter

didnt work. went to my friends house and used his computer and it didnt work. :(

6. SmartASH

SmartASH

Some places such as hotmail, yahoo, ect. automatically disactivate your account if you do not log in for a period of time...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice