1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

is System Requirement Lab accurate in GHz?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Spider-Abu, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Spider-Abu

Spider-Abu Thread Starter

Hello, all! I was checking some games out on System Requirements Lab website(canyourunit.com) and I checked SWAT 4. So it ran through the test and said I can play the perfectly, because I passed both tests. But then when I checked what would be the required GHz to play this game it says 2.2GHz. I was like "WHAT?", that's because I only have 1.8 GHZ, but I still passed it! System Requirements Lab says this "You Have: 1.80 GHz Performance Rated at 3.10 GHz". Now I am a bit confused. What is my real GHz? And what does it mean by Performance Rated at 3.10 GHZ???
    Help please! :)

2. BG-0

BG-0

Simple answer: No. Not at all.

You can most probably run SWAT 4 just fine with your CPU, (please. Please post the model of it and we can actually help)

The sysreqlabs GHz rating thingy just compares your CPU's processing power with something like a Pentium 4 and slightly reducedly multiplies with the amount of cores to get the final Rated GHz. Your CPU operates at 1.8 GHz, but other things make it about as good as a 3.1 GHz Pentium 4 would be. Not really, but in theory.

3. Spider-Abu

Hey! Thanks for your reply. I didn't quite catch what you said, but I know that I am not running any dualcore machine. Here's my Specs:

Emachines T3104
    AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3100+
    1.80GHz
    766MB RAM
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build Service Pack 22600)
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
    Direct X 9.0c
    Pentium III

So can you help me out with this much info?
    Thanks in advance! :)

4. BG-0

BG-0

Well. what are you needing help with? Those specs can play SWAT 4 pretty decently. The test didn't lie to you.

5. Spider-Abu

Well, yes I know it can play it but, I still don't understand which one is my real GHz. I mean what makes my crappy PIII 1.8 GHz PC as powerful as a 3.10GHz CPU? Can somebody answer that, because if my computer is really 3.10 GHz, then I might start playing games that require more than 1.8 GHz.

6. BG-0

BG-0

PIII? Where was that? You have an AMD Sempron, not a Pentium 3. Pentium 3s didn't come out as 1.8 GHz models.

Your Sempron is 1.8 GHz. It's just better than a Pentium 4 by other attributes. New games require ~2GHz processors, that are by other attributes even better than your Sempron. So no, you can't play any that new games with your old machine, whatever a bugged rating says about it.

7. Spider-Abu

Actually where did I get PIII from anyway? lol I remember seeing it somewhere... will sorry for the false spec, but I never knew that my PC was better than a P4. Also I bought my machine on 2005, but I noticed that many of it's hardware and stuff were from 2003.... Also I had to upgrade my Graphic Card and Ram, as I had 256mb RAM + VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP or something. Anyway, you still didn't tell me what it means by "You Have: 1.80 GHz Performance Rated at 3.10 GHz". So can you please tell me why if my real GHz is 1.80GHz, then why does it say performance rated at 3.10GHz... What does it mean by that? Please answer that and I will stop bugging you.
    Promise! :)

8. br1ng3r

br1ng3r

Spider-Abu, hi. To be perfectly honest i would just totally ignore what System Requirements Lab says about you GHZ rating. I remember posting more or less the exact question some time ago, i think the rating system is floored. With my old Athlon 64 dual core, 2.5ghz i had a rating of 7.20ghz. Now with my newer quad core i only get a rating of 5.1ghz, thats checking on the same game. If you can work that out, please let me know???
    Best advice is just go with what BG-0 said, and go by your actual GHZ of your system, its much safer that way.

9. Spider-Abu

Ok. Thank you all for your help. I will keep with my 1.8GHz CPU then... Again sorry for bothering you. :) Oh and also I downloaded the demo and it runs super cool. I mean there is hardly any lag or anything at high! :)

10. br1ng3r

br1ng3r

Hey, no problem at all. Don't worry your not bothering anyone, thats what were here for. Glad the demo works ok, now you can get the full version. Good luck.

11. Pengu

Pengu

How come that system requirements lab hasn't been updated in such a long time? They havn't added any new games for awhile!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/846340

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice