Solved Is the GTX 1050 ti compatible with the B350M Bazooka?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Teddison

Will my GTX 1050 ti graphics card (https://www.amazon.com/Geforce-Phoe...e+gtx+1050+ti&qid=1555786845&s=gateway&sr=8-4) Work with my B350M Bazooka motherboard (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350m-BAZOOKA.html)? I've been saving for a decent graphics card at a relatively cheap price for a few months now and my friend recommended me the GTX 1050 ti. I finally bought it and couldn't get it to fit into my computer. Am I doing something wrong, or are the two just not compatible? If you need any other specs please let me know, I'm trying my best to get this fixed.

crjdriver

Yes, it is compatible with your motherboard. Your board specs show a pci-e 16 slot.
Next issue is that you must have enough room in the case for the video card AND you need a pw supply that is capable of pw a real video card.
I finally bought it and couldn't get it to fit into my computer
What exactly is the problem ie card hitting something, no room, what?
Post some pics of the inside of your case.

Teddison

I might have just done something wrong trying to put it in, simply because I am very new to computers and the one I am trying to upgrade was prebuilt, but the slot on the motherboard isn't long enough to fit the graphics card. Give me a moment to send some pictures, I have to take apart the computer again real quick.

crjdriver

Here is a pic of the motherboard you posted that you are using. The slot for the video card is circled in red.

Attachments

crjdriver

BTW here is how to properly install a new video card;
1 Old card still installed, go to the relevant support site ie nvidia or amd. Download the latest driver. Do not use the driver on a support disk; it is almost always out of date
2 Old card still installed, uninstall ALL software for the old card; ie driver, any monitoring software, any suite, etc. Do not reboot when prompted; just tell it later
3 Shutdown and pull out the old card. Install the new card and be sure it is fully seated in the slot. Make any pw connections as necessary and connect the monitor
4 Pw ON and install the driver you downloaded in step #1. Reboot when prompted
Done.

Teddison

I did figure out why the card wouldn't install, I kinda made a dumb mistake but I fixed it. Thank you though!

crjdriver

You are welcome. You can mark your own thread as solved using the button at the upper left. No need for this one; I will mark it for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online