is there a difference between sata cables

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

edgar818

i recently got a 10krpm raptor hard drive and it came with this sata cable but the cable is not like the SATA cables that came with my motherboard, the side that conects to the hard drive is fairly larger because it connects on two places on the hard drive, will there be any differnce between the cables.?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The cable that comes with the Raptor has a dummy connector that covers the SATA power connector to help hold the cable on. If you have SATA power style connectors, you can't use that cable for the drive. However, if you are using the standard 4 pin Molex connectors for power, that cable will work just like any other SATA cable.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you're using the Molex power plug, I'd use the WD cable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online