Is there a F-something key....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rbaroncpd010

Does anyone know if there is a F key to boot into the bios boot drives?

In other words I want to restart my computer, press an "F" key and be presented with a boot list of the drives I can boot into, instead of going into the BIOS, finding the boot section, picking the boot drive, then restarting.

I have an ASUS Strikr Z-390E Motherboard running Windows 10.

Thanks much...

rbaroncpd010

Delete or F-2 gets me into the BIOS so I can change the boot drive....but, what I am looking for is a F-Key that will just show me a list of the boot devices on my computer without having to go to the BIOS. It just would save a few steps when changing my boot drive.

Maybe ASUS does not have a key for that?

crjdriver

F8 is the quick boot key for asus boards however you need to press it during [not after] POST.
Note any quick boot option in the bios must be disabled in order to use the boot menu. If quick boot is enabled, you cannot access the menu.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Usually the key is F7, F8 or F12 & should be clicked as soon as the motherboard logo appears.
On my laptop I have to spam click the F7 key.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts