1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a folder sync program better than SyncToy?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by axeman61, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. axeman61

axeman61 Thread Starter

I'm going to start using a folder synchronization program to keep my music faithfully backed up on my second HD. I've been looking at SyncToy, but I'm just wondering from curiosity if there's anything better.

2. stantley

stantley

3. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

4. axeman61

axeman61 Thread Starter

Hi. Yeah. I'm going to try syncback now, but I had another software inquiry I didn't want to make a new topic for, though it's off-topic here.

Is there a program that can automate/macro-ize small tasks, like mass-renaming things with a certain tag in ExplorerXP? I have genre tags (e.g. "Ro." for "rock") in front of my music. In EXP, I can highlight a bunch of files, right-click, select rename, and type that Ro tag in the insert option to put it in front of all of them.
    Is there a program that, if wired up right, will let me do all of that by selecting all those files and using a hotkey, or an option in the right-click menu?

5. Bryan84

Bryan84

Yes use that. I am using that too. Good choice!

6. stantley

stantley

Yes, you could use AutoHotkey to automate tasks together with ExplorerXP. I've used it with xplorer² to do some complicated file manipulation.

If you're basically renaming files you could also try a mass renamer like Rename Master.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/637103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice