1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a good FREE virus scaner out there?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by AxeWind, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AxeWind

AxeWind Thread Starter

I downloaded Rav antivirus 8 it doesnt seem 2 bad but i dont think it alerts u if u r downloading something nasty :(

anyone recemend any good Free virus scaners?

2. GoJoAGoGo

GoJoAGoGo

First Name:
    Joe
  3. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday!

If you do decide to buy a virus scan (which is always the best idea):

Trendmicro is an awsome antivirus. If you buy an asus mobo you actually get a free copy of it and it works WAY better then norton ever will in my opinion. I have used norton for 2 years now and It loads very slow, lags lower end computers and never is able to remove the virus it finds. Trendmicro is alot faster, easier to use, never lags, and always removes every virus it finds. But it is only free if you buy a new asus mobo or at least alot of them come with it. You can test and buy this software out at www.trendmicro.com

4. rameam

rameam

AVG by Grisoft is the best as far as I'm concerned. It won't be as thorough as one purchased, but you can always do an online scan at one of the websites listed above every once in a while.

I couldn't find the link, but www.grisoft.com should do it.

It is free.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice