Is there a good FREE virus scaner out there?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AxeWind

I downloaded Rav antivirus 8 it doesnt seem 2 bad but i dont think it alerts u if u r downloading something nasty :(

anyone recemend any good Free virus scaners?

Fastlane247

It's My Birthday!
If you do decide to buy a virus scan (which is always the best idea):

Trendmicro is an awsome antivirus. If you buy an asus mobo you actually get a free copy of it and it works WAY better then norton ever will in my opinion. I have used norton for 2 years now and It loads very slow, lags lower end computers and never is able to remove the virus it finds. Trendmicro is alot faster, easier to use, never lags, and always removes every virus it finds. But it is only free if you buy a new asus mobo or at least alot of them come with it. You can test and buy this software out at www.trendmicro.com

AVG by Grisoft is the best as far as I'm concerned. It won't be as thorough as one purchased, but you can always do an online scan at one of the websites listed above every once in a while.

I couldn't find the link, but www.grisoft.com should do it.

It is free.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online