1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a hardware that allows you to connect A/V cables to the computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by newtonetworks, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. newtonetworks

newtonetworks Thread Starter

Is it possible to connect a ps2 to a computer so you can capture video and save it on the computer? I know there are tv tuners out there but I don't know if its possible to connect AV cables (2 connectors for sound and 1 for the video).

2. fatbobthefirst

fatbobthefirst

3. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What you're looking for is a video capture card it sounds like. I don't see where RF enters into the picture, so the previous two suggestions don't seem to be what you need. This KWORLD VS-L883D PCI Interface X-Pert DVD Maker PCI Card is an example of what you are looking for.

5. fatbobthefirst

fatbobthefirst

I believe mine would work. But the one you found is cheaper and basically only what he wants to do. The one I picked was a TV tuner and capture card. So it will do more then what he just wanted to do. I was just asking if this is something he was looking for. Meaning the inputs.... But good choice. I actually like that. It says 30 fps would it be the same as the VCR movie if I recoreded it to DVD. Or would it be choppy. Are there other cards out the will give more FPS?

6. JohnWill

fatbobthefirst, you're right, it does have a video capture capability. However, it's massive overkill for the simple task at hand. :)

7. newtonetworks

newtonetworks Thread Starter

I couldn't but that pci card. Newegg doesn't deliver to Canada, unfortunately.

8. JohnWill

There must be Canadian sources of similar products.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice