is there a link between profile corruption

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

agoodjohn

is there a link
between profile corruption and saving loads to desktop, as this seems so with some of my users

There should not be. The Desktop is just another folder to the computer, although it should not be used as a download depository; try focusing on what is being downloaded but just to be on the safe side do what I did and put a permanent ban on keeping anything other than links on the desktop.

plodr

Liz
I download to the desktop on all computers in the house. (I want to see what I downloaded instead of climbing through Explorer to try and locate something). I then decide if I want them elsewhere or moved to a specially named folder sitting on the desktop. I've never had a problem doing it this way.

Give each user a desktop folder with his/her name. Have them put the downloaded files into that folder. The desktop will load faster than with shortcut links pointing all over the place. Shortcuts can be placed in these folders as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online