1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a program that will combine my printjobs together?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by owens.trev, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. owens.trev

owens.trev Thread Starter

I work in an office that shares a printer and I have to print many reports from our company website. The only way to print these files is through the standard print dialog. What happens is while I am printing these different reports someone else prints something and it gets lost in my papers. My thought is that there has to be a program out there that will solve this for me. Here is how I see it working:

I select a virtual printer in the print dialog box and hit print. This file then gets added to a "print job" when I have "Printed" all the pages I need then I hit a button and it sends them all at the same time. Does anyone know of a program or software that can help me with this?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Does the printer support Secure Print? If so you could enable that, may need IT support if it also needs to be enabled in the printer itself. With secure print the printer stores all your jobs until you enter in your code at the printer and then it releases your jobs.

I think you might also be able to Pause the printer in Devices & Printers and then unpause it when you want them to print.

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    This issue has been around for as long as we have had networked printers.
    One just needs to realize that anytime print jobs are sent to a shared printer, they are going to be mixed with others.
    More employees mean more mixed print jobs. One just needs to sort through all of the pages and set aside those that are NOT yours. If this is such a major issue, then ask for a printer for your use through your manager.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Or you can use things like Secure Print like many companies do, I use it with Xerox and Lexmark printers.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  5. valis

valis Moderator

We have Ricoh machines, and they use 'lock print', which is more or less the same as Secure Print. What is the make/model of the printer?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice