Is there a reason my Internet connection is so slow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sikz de Nyne

I mean, it's slow even for dail-up...

I only connect at like 14.4 Kbps... and earlier i was getting booted after being on for about 5 minutes...

And when i try to download something its INSANELY slow... i mean the fastest it got to was 100 Bps....

Is there something wrong on my end or is my ISP (MSN) just being screwy...

Sikz de Nyne

hmm

My friend says that the phone company is setting up DSL stuff around the county and that may have caused my problems.

So I'm gonna go research and see if that is the case. He says that we should have DSL in the area sometime this month, and i'm interested.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you're getting DSL and/or cable in your area shortly, don't stay with 56K dialup any longer than you have to. The extra cost is well worth it.(y)

There are numerous tweaks for improving connection speed and webpage loading, but they won't do you much if any good if you have crappy phone lines in the area or inside your home.(n)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online