Is there a video card Guru around here?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mklangelo

Banned
How much of an upgrade, beyond the obvious increase of DDR Ram dedicated to Video would going from my RADEON 9800 Pro to a RADEON X850 PRO 256MB AGP.

I really can't afford an AGP version of the 6800 GT, and right now upgrading the whole system to an SLI setup is out of the budjet also. So I figured this is a good stop-gap move for the time being.

Here is my system now:

ASUS A7N8X
Radeon 9800 Pro vid card
AMD Athlon 3000+ CPU
3 GB PC3200 RAM
Western Digital Caviar 7200 RPM HDD

If you can think of a more bang for the buck AGP upgrade, feel free to say so. I'm all ears.

Thanks for you advice in advance.:cool:

I upgraded from sapphire radeon 9800 pro to a sapphire x800 gto. almost 2 x the speed of my 9800 pro. I have a 25% overclock on core and 20% overclock on the ram.the card also has the r480 core which is a x850xt .The only diff is 12 pixel pipes to 16 pixel pipes.Very good upgrade I'll be happy until amd releases socket m2 then it will be a complete rebuild for me.

Mklangelo

Banned
So in other words, the X850 is a small step above the card you upgraded to and yours was a major improvement over the 9800 Pro.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online