Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

is there a way how to make programs startup in a certain order when windows starts?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
what the title says is there a way how to make programs startup in a certain order when windows starts? Msconfig just shuts on or off is there a way how to arrange the things at start up in order?

#5 ·
You can run a script before login, and you could always put a script in the startup folder that starts all of the stuff you want in the sequence you would like it. A neat little utility for doing this kind of thing is AutoIt, which generates powerful scripts easily.

#6 ·
I have a little utility here called "After". I don't remember where I got it; but, I have been using it for years to delay certain things in the startup group and it works very well.

Example: I put an item into the startup group, then I add the path to AFTER.EXE just before the program I want to start and put in the number of seconds I want to delay the start.

Here's the target before adding the "AFTER" delay:
"C:\Program Files\AtomTime\ATOMTIME.EXE"

Here it is after adding the delay:
C:\EXE\After 40 "C:\Program Files\AtomTime\ATOMTIME.EXE"

The latter creates a forty-second delay.

I can't tell you where to find the AFTER program, perhaps at www.download.com. If you can't find it, send me a mail and I'll attach it to a reply. It's only 40 kilobytes.

#8 ·
You can run it in startup scripts that run before the startup folder is processed I guess. I've never had the need, so I haven't actually looked into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.