1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a way to attach a 'folder' to an email?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Chum, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chum

Chum Thread Starter

Wanted to send a friend several files that were in one folder. I sent them fine , but wouldn't it be easier to just send the 'folder' instead of having to click on each file? Using I.E.6 and latest version of Outlook Express.

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Yes. If you have a program such as Winzip, you can right click on a Folder and zip it. You can then attach the compressed(zipped) folder.

If you want to download winzip

www.winzip.com

3. RandyG

RandyG

also, if you do not have Winzip (which you really should get) you can still right-click the folder and choose Send to, Mail Recipient. It creates a *.lnk file. I tell you this because it is possible, however, much of the updates done to email programs can block sending and receiving this type of file, as viruses, etc have been hidden in them.

Your best bet is the zip method.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/75755