1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a way to back up Favorites?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cycler, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cycler

cycler Thread Starter

I was wondering if there is a way of sending all of the sites on my favorites to a disc driectly from the favorites file or do I need to write all of them down?
    Thanks!

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Howdy,

you can right click on them and send then to a folder you have made on your drive.

3. Old Rich

Old Rich

Also . . In IE, click on File . . Import/Export . . and export them to a file

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Yes simpswr a much easier way.

5. cycler

cycler Thread Starter

WOW! Thanks! I used the way simpswr said and except for needing to figure out that I was exporting and not importing it took about 5 seconds!
    You saved me so much work!

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

Well done! . . (y)

BTW if you ever need to back up cookies ( for user ID's and passwords ) you do it the same way . . .

7. cycler

cycler Thread Starter

I use Roboform for my IDs and passwords - another great timesaver! (But those I've got written down in my Rolodex because of the day I forgot the password for Roboform (old age) and they won't let you change it - you've got to redo the whole thing!)

8. cycler

cycler Thread Starter

I just wanted to mention that I had the idea to copy and transfer the saved document to my Palm so if anything were to happen and I needed it I'd just be able to synch it back to the computer.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice