Is there a way to back up Favorites?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cycler

I was wondering if there is a way of sending all of the sites on my favorites to a disc driectly from the favorites file or do I need to write all of them down?
Thanks!

bonk

Banned
Howdy,

you can right click on them and send then to a folder you have made on your drive.

Also . . In IE, click on File . . Import/Export . . and export them to a file

cycler

WOW! Thanks! I used the way simpswr said and except for needing to figure out that I was exporting and not importing it took about 5 seconds!
You saved me so much work!

Well done! . . (y)

BTW if you ever need to back up cookies ( for user ID's and passwords ) you do it the same way . . .

cycler

I use Roboform for my IDs and passwords - another great timesaver! (But those I've got written down in my Rolodex because of the day I forgot the password for Roboform (old age) and they won't let you change it - you've got to redo the whole thing!)

cycler

I just wanted to mention that I had the idea to copy and transfer the saved document to my Palm so if anything were to happen and I needed it I'd just be able to synch it back to the computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts