1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a way to download Ubisoft games with just the Cd Key?

Discussion in 'Games' started by benfish1113, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. benfish1113

benfish1113 Thread Starter

I have a copy of Far Cry that I have not installed on my computer. Because the four discs are in paper disc envelopes (I got it for free a while ago when I bought my videocard), one of the discs got a bad scratch on it. Now the game will not install. I still have the cd key, so if there is a way to download it without the cd, then that would be really helpful. Thanks.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    not legally that i know of. There should be some information with the game on how to get replacement cds

3. benfish1113

benfish1113 Thread Starter

But replacement cd's cost $10. I think that is the same price as the game costs new.

4. sovieted

sovieted

there, as far as i know, is no other legal method other than replacement discs.

maybe they sell the game as a digital download now, try contacting them to see if u can get a digital download copy?

what game is it?

5. Classics

Classics

Try getting a DVD/CD cleaning kit.
    CD's/DVD's have a protective plastic layer and thats what gets scratched. The Scratches mess up the laser so that it reflects in the wrong direction. By using a cleaning kit you will actually fill the scratch and make the laser reflect properly.
    They usually cost $10-15 (CAD), but you can use them for like 40 CD's. Worth having around IMO.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice