1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a way to embed a video off of a website and on to my usb?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by C3Yaoihunter, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. C3Yaoihunter

C3Yaoihunter Thread Starter

When I'm trolling through various sites trying to find the videos I want to watch, it can be a long and tedious endeavor. One thing that I always notice is that some websites have videos that were taken from other websites where the video first originated. I asked someone how this is done, and they said that you can "embed" a video from one site to another, for instance a youtube video. In addition, one of my friends has actually managed to save videos from youtube and other websites onto their usb, so now he doesn't have to spend hour after hour searching through site after site to re-watch the videos he wants. If anyone knows how to download, or better yet, "embed" videos from websites onto a usb, I'd like to know, and not just for videos from youtube, but videos from any website, including flash videos.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

YouTube's Terms of Use forbid downloading content from their website, as a lot of it is copyrighted.

The same goes for most websites with Flash videos. If the videos can't be downloaded or aren't specifically identified as downloadable, they aren't, period.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    YouTube's Terms of Service disallows downloads, and you will get no help here with circumventing site restrictions.

You can generally download videos that are meant for downloading through the right click context menu or the browser's File menu.

EDIT: Geez, I'm getting really slow! :)

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

As far as "embedding" goes, it is really a bunch of code that creates a player on the web page and then streams the video from the original site (with that site's permission). So, no, you can't "embed" a video to USB, and if you could, you would still need to stream it from the net while watching it.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You can bookmark or save the URL's of videos so that you needn't search for them in the future.

6. C3Yaoihunter

Well then how would I go about doing that?

7. C3Yaoihunter

Not to sound contradictory, or anything, but when I was searching for a solution to my question, via google, I came across a website called KeepVid.com that claimed to allow one to legitimately download videos from youtube and other sites through some type of add-on. Also, so many people submit videos to youtube everyday, some probably from other sites; I can't imagine that youtube would bother to have every single video copywrited and thus un-down-loadable. I think someone, at some point, has managed to pull a video of of youtube and save it to their own site or something else, if not a usb.

8. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Even if YouTube and the RIAA are knowingly permitting illegal music sharing through YouTube, downloading videos from YouTube, with whichever tool you may find on the Web, is still against their Terms of Service, therefore against this forum's rules. We do not offer any help with illegal activities, as questionable as they may seem.

YouTube's Terms of Service

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Thanks you, Phantom010, for explaining that.

To bookmark a site using Firefox: Bookmarks - Bookmark this page - select where in the bookmarks organization you want it to go - Done. Other browsers are similar. Microsoft still calls bookmarks "favorites."

To save a URL drag the site's favicon to where you want the shortcut (e.g., to the desktop).

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice