1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a way to find out if updated drivers are available?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AhrenBa, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Hello,
    Is there any way to scan my system and just find all available driver updates? If not, is there any easier way to update drivers and/or firmware then just going to each manufacturer's website and downloading? Thanks :)

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    you can use Everest Home to tel you what version your drivers are. But when it comes to Firmware updates be careful. If the Firmware Update fails you could end up with a component that no longer works. Not all devices with Flash Upgrades to Firmware are reversable if it should fail.

3. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

hi dusty long-time-no-see. I agree here. Only update the firmware you absolutely need to (i.e. things aren't working right and the manufacturer recommends you flash). You better be on a good battery backup in that case.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice