is there a way to find out what i need to dl?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AbsolutJVJ

i had to reformat my comp and now i'm re-downloading my soundcard drivers, but i cant figure out which one to DL can someone help, its a dell 8250 dimension desktop if that helps

AbsolutJVJ said:
i had to reformat my comp and now i'm re-downloading my soundcard drivers, but i cant figure out which one to DL can someone help, its a dell 8250 dimension desktop if that helps
You should never do a format until you have all your drivers, programs etc you are going to need. Since its a Dell I'm thinking that it has on board sound card, the drivers should be on your Dell disk with all your other drivers. If the pc is running you could also run Everest Home to get that info.

You can go here . . input your Service Tag number and navigate to sound drivers for your Dell.

The SoundBlaster is the most common so I'd start there

after going to Dells site it looks like you have on board sound, however there is a d/l for a SB Live something or other, you will have to check to see if you have a pci sound card, look in the rear of the pc, to see where you speakers connect, if they are plugged in near the KB/mouse area then you have ob sound, if they are off by themselves then you may have a separate pci sound card.

If you have problems finding the info just post and someone will help you out or post a report with all basic info. I'm at work and dont have EH loaded so am not sure where that info is located.

AbsolutJVJ

when i checked Everest it says Creative SB Live! series audio processor, but when i try t o download the driver pack from here http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/ and i chose soundblaster/Live!/and 5.1(dell) for my options and when i try drivers it says i have no soundblaster card installed on my comp. Do i need to find the software first since i just formatted (and by find i dont mean in my house i mean on the internet) thanks for the help

AbsolutJVJ said:
when i checked Everest it says Creative SB Live! series audio processor, but when i try t o download the driver pack from here http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/ and i chose soundblaster/Live!/and 5.1(dell) for my options and when i try drivers it says i have no soundblaster card installed on my comp. Do i need to find the software first since i just formatted (and by find i dont mean in my house i mean on the internet) thanks for the help
I hate when that happens. On the Dell site there was a patch or something listed for a SB Live card did you see that? And also did you buy this card after the Dell in other words independant of the Dell, or did it come with the Dell?

if it came with Dell, go to Dell site, Support/Downloads/dimension/8250/find downloads/audio Drivers/Creative SB Live 5.1 digital

try those only if card came with your Dell.

AbsolutJVJ

my sounds are playing thanks for all the help, you guys will see a lot more of me as i try to learn more about comps this time around last time i got swamped by the mp3 dl'ing/spyware bonanza. Gonna be much more careful this time and not get any of those progs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online