1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a way to see what has been deleted and by whom...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mandrake Nightshade, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mandrake Nightshade

Mandrake Nightshade Thread Starter

...on Windows NT 4.0? I having a problem with people deleting files in a shared folder. I would block the access but I need to find out who is doing it.

2. PC_DISK1

PC_DISK1

I use this program called undelete. It will take the deleted file off of the server and put it into the bin, regardless of who deleted it. Ow and it will tell you who deleted it. Hope that helps.

3. Mandrake Nightshade

Mandrake Nightshade Thread Starter

Cool, Can you tell me who makes it?

4. PC_DISK1

PC_DISK1

Executive software.
    Good Luck

5. angel

angel

Assuming you are using NTFS, can't you just set the permissions for the users so they are not able to delete files in that directory? Or do you just want to do that for one particular user and allow the rest to still delete?
    What about auditing? That will tell you who's deleting files (assuming they do it again after you enable it).

6. digica

digica

http://www.bitmart.net/undelete.htm

Restorer2000 is a powerful data recovery software that can undelete files deleted accidentally in NTFS partitions, and can even recover data from formatted or corrupted drives.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59847

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice