1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a way to sync Google contacts/calendar on iPhone (just like Android?)

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by natv, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. natv

natv Thread Starter

I've had an Android for almost 2 years, and although I really love it I'm considering getting an iPhone when my contract ends (I have an iPod touch and just really starting liking some of the apps and user experience)

The only issue for me is I'm a heavy Google user: gmail, google calendar, google contacts, etc.

I love how right now I can add a contact or calendar event on my phone, and it immediately syncs to my Google account (or vice-versa syncs to my phone).

I did a bit of research so far on how this would work on an iPhone, and it seems there are apps but that you still need iTunes? Is that true? Or is there an app that will mimic the functionality I get on my Android?

I do plan to jailbreak it, if that helps any.

Thanks
    Nat

2. NERDYJOSEPH

NERDYJOSEPH

Ok sorry I am not sure quite how to do it but one of my best friends has an Iphone and he uses it for exactly what you are wanting to do. I will check with him and get back to you on it. I just mainly wanted to let you know that it is possible.

3. natv

natv Thread Starter

Thanks, yes if you can please find out what app he uses or any useful info I'd really appreciate it, thank you.

4. super-zapper

super-zapper

Hi, you dont need any apps to sync your google contacts, calender and gmail to an iphone. All you do is when you setup your account on the iphone, select the microsoft exchange option instead of the gmail option. The only additional detail you need to enter is the google server which is m.google.com.
    Hope this helps.

5. natv

natv Thread Starter

Thanks, I ended up getting an IPAD instead, and this does work, only issue is that I also want to add my work Exchange account, and it looks like I can only add one Exchange.

I think I heard the next OS revision will support more than one exchange account.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/946593

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice