1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a way to translate East Asian text on screen for Windows XP Pro?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Riokushinaku, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Riokushinaku

Riokushinaku Thread Starter

Hello, I recently installed Window's East Asian language pack and the characters all display properly now. However, I was wondering if there is anyway to translate the characters into English words/letters. Maybe other Windows software or maybe a safe third party program? I'm grasping at straws here lol. If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

2. Riokushinaku

3. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Hi Riokushinaku,
    Maybe you would consider uploading your text to a website employing Google's translate feature (link below) - I'm a webdesigner hence this alternate approach...:)
    http://translate.google.com/translate_tools
    If you like I can set up a website as a sub-domain of my own website and try and organise a text upload and translate facility for you - if you follow the link you will see that Google include a fair selection of East Asian languages - hope they include what you need - otherwise this approach is a no-go...

4. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    or perhaps you can utilise this site...
    http://webtranslation.paralink.com/
    They translate Chinese (simple), Chinese(Traditional), Korean, Malay, Thai, Hindi and Irdu.
    You simply copy and paste...
    hope this helps

5. Riokushinaku

Thank you Jimin. However, I would really like to find something that actually translates the text on the screen. For instance, East Asian text in a toolbar, tabs, etc. cannot be copied and pasted into a translator since they are not highlightable. Maybe something that can edit or translate the base files for the language and characters? To me, it sounds like it would be an easy program to make but I'm a hardware guy. Not so good with programming or making programs from scratch.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!