1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

is there a way where i can run a live webcam on a website, so people can pay monthly

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Marksammut, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marksammut

Marksammut Thread Starter

im trying to get a live webcam on my website so people can pay for a subscription to watch it, im using Dreamweaver CS3.

I would like to like people to be able to pay for 1 off 24 hour subscription and also a 3 month subscription, i want the code to expire after these time periods are up, and people not being able to use that same code again.

Im using Windows XP,

2. oksteve

oksteve

sounds to me you need a web host that allows live streaming. Or you can set up your own server and stream from there.
    Not sure how techy you are but have a look here, http://www.diywebserver.com/ at least the info might give you some insight to know exactly what you need.
    Tempted as I am to ask I shall only guess as to the nature of the live webcast. Lego building?

3. Marksammut

No Need For it anymore im just going to use Ustream and password protect the stream, Then make a 12 month code so one for every month, so the smallest you can buy is one month, also its not lego, its painting, :)

4. oksteve

oksteve

watercolours,acrylic etc ?

5. Marksammut

Well ITs for nude Art, but its not for me, its for a woman who im designing for

6. oksteve

oksteve

I ask because my wife is an artist, always wanting to learn more techniques and improve her skill. Not too keen on her looking at nude guys though :)
    Good luck Mark

7. Marksammut

Haha, Yeah i see your point well, i can see if i can give you her site after im finished coding it ?

8. oksteve

oksteve

yes that would be great, use PM when you do:)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916901

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice