1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there a Way

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by fatbobthefirst, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fatbobthefirst

fatbobthefirst Thread Starter

I am new to webpages but wanted to ask this question.
    In Frontpage. Is there a way when a website is made that it will convert and work on other screen resolutions.
    My screen is set to 1280 by 800 and the website was made like that and looks great.
    But when I go to someone using a 1024x768 or really anything else small like that. The page gets squeezed to the right.
    I did have a boarder on both sides. On my resolution there is about a inch border.
    But those other screen sizes it only shows a inch on the left side and the page is all the way to the right with no border. and then you have to scroll right and left...

2. caraewilton

caraewilton

Well there are two options. To use percentages, these will automatically resize. An example can be seen here.
    Or you could create you page smaller and have the content centre. Here is an example of a page with the size set at 780px.

3. MRdNk

MRdNk

Are you applying style with CSS?

4. caraewilton

caraewilton

yes

5. MRdNk

MRdNk

In that case, I would use percentages, and you can just resize your window, to see how it changes it, depending on the size of the browser.

6. fatbobthefirst

fatbobthefirst Thread Starter

What is that option lets say in Frontpage? For Percentages...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice