1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there another MP3 volume program besides MP3Gain?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by axeman61, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. axeman61

axeman61 Thread Starter

I know MP3gain is good, but I can't access it for some reason. Whenever I try, the Windows Installer pops up, tries to do something, and says I'm missing a file: SKU1E3.cab. I wouldn't know where that goes even if I could find it online.
    So, for now, I'm looking for another program that can heighten MP3 volume.
    I'm on Windows XP.

2. Sponsor

3. Digidave

Digidave

I don't think you'll find anything comparable to MP3Gain. When I did a Google search for SKU1E3.cab, everything leads to something about Excel. When you say, "Access it", do you mean to install it? You could try redownloading it & trying again. Did you download it from here?

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I have never found another MP3 normalization utility that does the job that MP3Gain does. It's a really nice application. :)

I don't see anything about MP3Gain that would use SKU1E3.CAB either, that's looking like something is amiss in your system, not necessarily a problem with MP3Gain.

I have Office 2003, Project, and Visio installed, and I don't find that file anywhere on my system. It's mentioned in connection with the Office Installation Files in MSOCache, but it's not in there either on my system.

5. axeman61

axeman61 Thread Starter

By "access," I mean open it through the shortcut to the GUI.

I have a feeling it's not MP3gain, but Office ******* this up for me. I just can't find a solution...

6. axeman61

axeman61 Thread Starter

Okay, some things are odd.

1.) The "missing" SKU1E3.cab is an Excel type file, but Excel works just fine.
    2.) I've found a work-around for the problem. I just hit cancel on the Windows installer dialog box enough and it goes into MP3 gain. I have to hit it about 5 times. It's good to have the program still functional, but I was wondering if anyone had ANY clue what might be wrong.

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If the installer is starting when you fire up this program, that's a symptom I've seen. There is an installer fix around, I can't seem to locate it right now.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/510167