1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there any way to make directories viewable in Win NT?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by catknsn, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catknsn

catknsn Thread Starter

I am working on a web site which is on a Win NT server. Previously I had always worked on Unix and could easily view a directory, of images for instance - if I went to www.mydomain.com/images/ (note that "mydomain" is not my URL, I just used it for an example and now realize it exists) I could see the list of what was in this directory, and click on and view anything I needed to. This is really helpful to me.

Win NT gives me the "you are not authorized to view" error...and you can't chmod in Win NT...so is there any way to make a directory viewable on the web?

Thanks!

2. Rockn

Rockn

Go into the properties for the web site and select allow directory browsing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!