Is there anyway to retrieve IMAP messages.......(read more)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jediliz

I goofed up and somehow deleted a whole bunch of IMAP messages (the only way I can get messages from this account which didn't let me retrieve them via POP. The other way was webmail.)

Then, I did a stupid thing -- I did the command "purge deleted messages".

Is there anyway to undo what I did? I hope so....there were some VERY important emails that I lost. If I would try to move them, a red line would go through them. And there was a thing to undelete, so I undeleted.

I have no idea what did, and really hope that by some miracle I can get the e-mail back. If I can't, well, I'll just cry and hate Outlook Express for a day.

Please help if you can!

Brooks

The only way to recover after a purge is from backup of the email server, which will only be from the last time it was backed up. You will have to contact the email server administrator to help you with it.

Max19

Account Disabled
How did you accidentally delete then purge "VERY important" e-mail messages? If they were so important, what made you hit the delete button in the first place?

jediliz

I DID NOT hit the DELETE button! I was doing something and all my e-mail messages disappeared. (its possible the email server, myrealbox.com, might have been cleaning up their servers and inadvertedly deleted my messages.)

Never mind on helping me.....somehow I got the important ones in my netscape mail server.

And, this is a WEB BASED e-mail address, not something I would have to talk to an e-mail adminstrator about. Its the same e-mail that I am not able to retrieve normally via POP in Outlook Express, but I can get it without any problems with the netscape mail program.

:(

Max19

Account Disabled
Yes, you would have to talk to an administrator about it. Perhaps you don't understand how e-mail works. Do you have your own e-mail server? Do you own and host the domain? Probably not. Your e-mail is delivered to a server. That server is owned by a company and is controlled by an administrator. You use the web to read the mail, but the actual messages are stored on a server.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online