1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is there easy on/off for cookies?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sparrownightly, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sparrownightly

sparrownightly Thread Starter

Greetings all,

Like to keep cookies disabled, but some sites require them to, say, buy something. Getting tired of the 6-stage process in Win ME for tuning them on & off. Any shortcuts or little utility programs out there? Thanks in advance.

2. buckaroo

buckaroo

3. Corrosive

Corrosive

Try giving Opera a whirl (the web address is, predictably, www.opera.com). It has a "quick preferences" menu in the File drop down, on which you can enable/disable cookies and other useful things, like turning off pop-ups.

4. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

www.analogx.com has cookie wall that you can choose who to accept and whether to accept thm all the time or temporily.

John

5. amthmi

amthmi

I've been using CookiePal for 3 years now without any problems.
    It's easy to use and maintain.
    Looks like they have a free 30 day evaluation period.
    It was worth the 15 dollars....at least to me it was.
    www.kburra.com

6. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

You can use IE's Trusted Sites Zone to add a list of sites which may accept cookies.

Do remember, a cookie is set by at least 90% of sites, and can't be malicious or contain personally identifiable info. It can only store info that you gave to that site (or one of its advertising partners). Occasionally you will pick up a tracking cookie, it can be deleted manually, or you can find them using Spybot Search & Destroy. So I would leave cookies on, clear your cookies occasionally and run spybot every couple weeks. The internet will suddenly be more functional.

7. sparrownightly

sparrownightly Thread Starter

Thanks so much, everybody! I'll sample all your suggestions.

8. franca

franca

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice