Is there more ways to answer a call

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Abie2

New, to mobile phone,....LG Rebel 3....When i get a call and see the green round button that says "answer'', I press on it a few times and do not make a contact. Am i doing something wrong? On another note, on occasions i hear a sound, not the ringtone sound for my calls. Where and why do I hear that sound? I only had setup the ringtone for my calls. I suspect maybe that whenever a message or notation enters, the sound is telling me so. ..does that sound likely? If so, how do i stop that sound? I get confused thinking its a phone call.

Abie2

To answer a call, swipe the green circle upwards .
Thank you, i tried that too and it didn't work...it seems that the circle 'answer' is so sensitive, that i had to do it very delicately. How about that other question I posed?

plodr

Liz
It's an alert.
Go through all the apps/ settings/alerts and turn off what you don't want to get alerts for.

Abie2

It's an alert.
Go through all the apps/ settings/alerts and turn off what you don't want to get alerts for.
Thanks again...hate being a pest, but i went to apps and etc. but did not see any thing in menu marked "alert'. ...regardless i went through most apps and all 'buttons' on a off position. Its no big deal, i guess i have to put up with it as long as i know its not someone either through phone or web site trying to get in touch with me.

plodr

Liz
You aren't a pest. We are here to answer questions. You start in settings, not apps. On my Samsung, there is a section title Notifications. (I didn't have my phone handy when I typed my first response; it is my fault for not giving you enough information.)
When I open that, the apps are listed and I can toggle on or off. I have almost everything off but AAA.

Abie2

You aren't a pest. We are here to answer questions. You start in settings, not apps. On my Samsung, there is a section title Notifications. (I didn't have my phone handy when I typed my first response; it is my fault for not giving you enough information.)
When I open that, the apps are listed and I can toggle on or off. I have almost everything off but AAA.
Well you did help indirectly. As i was following your suggestion and checking my notifications, all apps were 'off' except the Chrome browser, which I rarely use, but then the unexpected occurred, the sound that came on and quickly I saw an email from AOL. Apparently, the sound comes on each time I am getting an email from AOL, but all buttons are 'off' for that app also. Go figure. I know how i could silence the sound on my desktop, but I do not know how on the phone.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts