1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

is there somewhere to complain

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tony007, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tony007

tony007 Banned Thread Starter

I got this program last year and it involved paying a recharge fee every time my recharge ran out I used to have to go to the site and check boxes to ask for my recharge. Anyway I cancelled this program in february and heard no more until a few days ago when I got an email from them saying that they had recharged me and that the money would be taken off my card account. I emailed them back and they say I never cancelled. I've long since uninstalled and deleted any previous emails from this company. I feel like I am being conned I need somewhere to complain is there such a place to complain about dodgy online programs and services? And to get something done about them.

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Ask the company for a refund and if they refuse, you can call your credit card company and do a chargeback.

3. tony007

I am going to try that on Monday, nothing gets done in this country on weekends and Christmas. I have had another reply from them now they are asking for a copy of the email they say they would have sent if I cancelled. I will never delete another email in my life or empty my deleted items folder ever again. Thanks for your answer.

4. needafix

needafix

Did you look in your "sent" mail folder? I have retrieved many things from there since I had forgotten that I selected the option to save copies of email I send. Or the trash can?

Maybe you could try:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/

or

http://www.bbb.org/

5. tony007

Yes I looked in my sent folder no joy. I also looked on my external hard drive I save some emails there no joy again. I thnk I got my ext hard drive after the email in question.I have been in touch with the card company they say they have'nt received any payment demand yet but they also said they cant refuse a demand if I have no proof of cancelation. They said I would have to send an email to this company saying that I was disputing them saying that I had not cancelled and ask them not to charge my card, if I do this they may have a slight chance of getting my money reimbursed.

6. needafix

needafix

Well, it seems that the card hasn't received a pay request on this yet so maybe something you said got them to cancel the pay demand or put it on hold.

I would get in touch with them again and tell them thank you for understanding and not billing the card again and they may just tell you that they dropped it.

Their software server will know if your box accessed to their resources for a "recharge" (which sounds like a frequent license renewal) so if they see you haven't recharged they may be honest enough not to bill you.

7. tony007

Yes they have'nt yet charged my account I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks all.

8. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Also ask the Card Company to cancel the automatic payment. They will argue, but if you tell them about the dispute, they will do it. You may have to send a letter.
    In general you should NOT use a credit card for repeated payments. Instead use Direct Debit or a standing order. The rules are different and they are easier to cancel.

9. tony007

Yes you are right it was the card company who asked me to send them an email asking them not to charge my account which I did, they said this gives them something to fight payment with.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice