1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is this a complete high-end gaming pc?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Murper, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Murper

Murper Thread Starter

Im kinda new to this, thats why Im here today. So do I have everything I need? And did I even choose right?

(The price is in Swedish crowns)

Skärmavbild 2015-12-31 kl. 00.24.57.png

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Just a few thoughts;

1 You have a K series processor however you selected a mb that does not support overclocking. The b85 chipset does not support overclocking SO either you are wasting money on a K processor OR you are going to be disappointed when you cannot overclock. Here is the intel spec sheet on the B85 chipset;
    http://ark.intel.com/products/75019/Intel-DH82B85-PCH

2 You have a WD blue drive. Go with the black series; a much better built drive AND a 5yr warranty

3 The stock intel cooler is pretty marginal for gaming. I would include a high performance cooler.

3. Murper

Murper Thread Starter

1. What about ASUS Z97-P ?

2. The wd blue drive was the cheapest on the site and I don't wanna spend a lot on another if the wd is fine (there were no black series). I found Seagate Desktop HDD 1TB 7200RPM, which does the same thing I guess but they say it runs/loads faster?

3. Is this better perhaps: Corsair AF120 Low noise 120mm ?

@crjdriver

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The blue drives have a 2yr warranty; the black drives a 5yr warranty. That alone should give you an idea of the quality.
    Gaming systems put a lot of stress/heat on components. You really do not want a low end part like a blue drive.

If you are using the mech drive for backups ONLY and do not intend to load games, store important files, etc, it is ok. If you do intend on running games from the mech drive, get a black drive OR a raptor drive. I have had drives from ALL mfg fail ie WD, Seagate, Maxtor, etc, etc however I have NEVER had a black drive or a raptor drive fail; they are almost bullet proof.

The asus z97 board supports overclocking so it is fine. Asus and gigabyte are the two board mfg that I recommend.

As for a cooler, get a coolermaster 212 type cooler. They are not too expensive and they do a great job of cooling. I have two amd systems and one intel system [all heavily overclocked] running coolermaster 212s. The max temp I can get the system to is around 55-60C when running prime95 for an extended period.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1163297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice