is this a good enough psu for my pc?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MrSonetti

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Recommended PSU for the card is 400 watt
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD#sp

EVGA PSU`s are good
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=220-G2-0650-Y1

but unless you know that the one in your computer - the 500 watt one is of poor quality I do not immediately see why if money is tight at the moment you need to take this step
You do not say you are going to run dual graphics with the GTX1050 installed.

The other list in your second post is too complicated to sort out. Please make the job easy for us by simply listing what you intend to change at THIS time
Future plans are a little pointless as something examined and OK`d today could easily be the lesser option in the future.

As I said good card and good PSU

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to your first webpage link, this is the processor and graphic card that comes in that gaming PC.
Clipboard1.jpg

According to your third webpage link, this is the graphic card that you plan to replace the original one with.
Clipboard2.jpg

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, but I'll give you my 2 cents worth of advice anyway.

The original graphic card appears to be fine for gaming, so I would've spent that money elsewhere.

My concern is the processor - which may not have enough "horsepower" for some of your games.

I definitely would increase the amount of RAM to 16 GB.

-------------------------------------------------------------

MrSonetti

According to your first webpage link, this is the processor and graphic card that comes in that gaming PC.
View attachment 259704

According to your third webpage link, this is the graphic card that you plan to replace the original one with.
View attachment 259705

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, but I'll give you my 2 cents worth of advice anyway.

The original graphic card appears to be fine for gaming, so I would've spent that money elsewhere.

My concern is the processor - which may not have enough "horsepower" for some of your games.

i agree. i feel my processor will do for just now. its not the gpu, its the actual 2gb memory. im getting the 1060 6gb to future proof it. and i will definately be getting 16gb ddr3 ram soon.

MrSonetti

Recommended PSU for the card is 400 watt
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD#sp

EVGA PSU`s are good
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=220-G2-0650-Y1

but unless you know that the one in your computer - the 500 watt one is of poor quality I do not immediately see why if money is tight at the moment you need to take this step
You do not say you are going to run dual graphics with the GTX1050 installed.

The other list in your second post is too complicated to sort out. Please make the job easy for us by simply listing what you intend to change at THIS time
Future plans are a little pointless as something examined and OK`d today could easily be the lesser option in the future.

As I said good card and good PSU
aye. i reckon the cpu is good for now!. im getting the gpu and the power to future proof my build abit more. i reckon my current FX-6350-6CORE will do the job for now.

the only upgrades i made that i dont have currently was the gpu, and ram. which i plan to upgrade the gpu and psu in october, and the ram later on. i will gradually get a better processor. im following a check list and ticking things off one at a time.

i have a 1050 2gb atm, the problem is the 2gb memory, so ive decided to future proof with the 6gb 1060.

and a power large enough to hopefully handle future upgrades such as the processor etc

MrSonetti

View attachment 259704

View attachment 259705

what processor would you have in mind? i want to be able to play triple A's and games like arma and so on.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online