1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is this a good gaming PC?

Discussion in 'Games' started by dhh1213, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dhh1213

dhh1213 Thread Starter

Is this PC I'm planning on buying a good deal? And has anyone had any good/bad experiences with ACER products? Thanks for any input. Oh and one last thing. Is it possible to get a case that can cool the video card better? I hear that the 9800 GT cards get really hot while running games.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103154

2. Cazio

Cazio

Since it sounds like you want a different case anyway, I'd just go ahead and build my own, if I were you. You'll save money and be able to choose exactly what components you want.

3. Jones

Jones

On the same note as Cazio's post, I would suggest pricing out all of the components that are in that rig separately, but include the case you'd want instead, and see what the price is.

I'll bet it will be less expensive than what that package costs. Building a computer is pretty straightforward, and there are plenty of online guides that can take you through the process.

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

That PC would likely handle just about anything.

On Acer...

Acer used to make good quality PCs and had horrible tech support, which was exact opposite of Dell, who had poor quality products and excellent tech support. I hear Acer is really trying to turn this around and offer good product and good support, but I don't know where they stand right now.

If you are not comfortable building your own, look around. Acer, HP, Dell, Alienware, Falcon and more are out there, and your budget gives you alot to work with.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/736162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice