Is this a possible virus or just wishful thinking

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lilsmom

so my husbands iPad had a password saved for ashley madison, he is saying he's never used it ( i know how pathetic i sound) im wondering if this does ever happen, it was a numeric username which seems like it could be something a robot would do but also something a sneaky person would do

Couriant

James
Hello and welcome!

I will answer this from a technical standpoint.

For saved passwords on an Apple device, these are typically confirmed from user input and is unlikely from some kind of bot/virus. This is done by setting up the iCloud Keychain.

Also, providing the AppleID is the same on all devices, they get saved securely in the iCloud account and propagates to other Apple devices, i.e. if it was saved on an iPhone or Mac desktop, then it will show up on an iPad. For example, my kid has an iPad that has my AppleID on it so any sites he goes to that he signs in, it will show up on my iPhone.

As why or who saved it, there is no way to find that out. That is something you and your husband will need to hash out.

Couriant

James
Because of the circumstances around the question, I will close this thread to prevent any further comments.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online