1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Is this compatible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TomTomson, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TomTomson

TomTomson Thread Starter

Hello!
    So i want to build a new computer from (almost) scratch, these are the parts i want to put in:
    AMD A6-7400K

asus H61M - K

Crucial 4GB DIMM DDR3 1600MHz, PC3-12800 240-Pin, CL11, 1.5V, NON-ECC, 512 Meg x 64

CX430

R7 240

I'm getting these parts from this video:

but i'm changing some of the parts, because (for example) i don't think i need 8gb of ram to play games.

So the questions i have are:
    1- Is everything compatible?
    2- Does it really matter if i switch the Asus A78M-E for the Asus H61M - K?
    3- Is my power supply (CX430) enough for this build? if so, what kind of power supply do i need? because they are very confusing to me.
    4- Can i use my hard drive that i use at the moment with a lot of data (it's not old, and doesn't have any defects) or should i use a completely new hard drive (it's kind of the same, but never used) Thanks.

2. Sponsor

3. flyer0101

flyer0101

Hey mate,

The motherboard (H61M-K) will not be compatible with the CPU (AMD A6-7400K). I think it might be better if you give us some information on what games you are wanting to play because the parts and budget you are looking at is going to have some big limitations. On average for playing recent/new games these days I'd recommend 8GB of RAM, Quad Core CPU, Graphics card varies on what you want to play the power supply you listed is a good brand (Corsair) and the 80Plus Bronze is okay.

4. TomTomson

TomTomson Thread Starter

Hey!
    I don't plan to play any newer games, but i'd like to play lol, bf3, tf2 and fs 2015 atleast. So if the motherboard is not compatible could you suggest an alternative maybe? Thanks a lot :)

5. flyer0101

flyer0101

TF2 and lol have quite low system requirements but even the recommended settings for BF3 are pretty high compared to the ones you originally listed. If you take a look at this comparison this is the recommend Nvidia card compared to the one you have listed (this is theoretical and real life performance can differ but it give you a good idea of the difference between the cards).

BF3 Recommended Settings
    CPU: QUAD-CORE
    RAM: 4 GB
    Video Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon HD 6950)
    Sound Card: Yes
    Free Disk Space: 20 GB
    Source: canyourunit.com

Suggested Build:
    Intel Core i3-4130 (min) or Intel Core i5-4430 (recommended)
    MSI H81M-P33 Motherboard
    Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM (if you afford it put 2 in 8Gb will run much better)
    Gigabyte Radeon R7 260X (min) or Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 (recommended)
    Corsair 600W Power Supply 80 Plus Certified (CX600M)

This excluded computer cases (most should be fine), HDD's, DVD/CD Burner.

Now I haven't looked a builds for awhile and this is just what I would normally go for if I wanted to play something with those specs. I think you are better off spending a little extra to get the recommended parts be the game will be much more enjoyable and you'll even be able to play some newer games rather then really struggling. If any other users have some build suggestions please go for it as my knowledge may be limited or bias (I.E I prefer Intel over AMD).

6. TomTomson

TomTomson Thread Starter

So if i would buy the exact build with the recommended cpu and graphics card what games better could it play?

7. flyer0101

flyer0101

You'd be able to play games like battlefield 4, Hardline, Arma 3, Dayz. You wouldn't have any trouble with games like Lol, Dota, or blizzard games such as diablo 3 heroes of the storm. Where as the original and minimal build may still play these games (barely) it wont make for a very enjoyable experience. I cant really list every game but with the recommended build it shouldn't be case where you cant play a game just how well will it play it where the minimal and original build may or may not play some new games and if it does it will play them on minimal settings.

If you want to check out requirements for games check out canyourunit.com

8. TomTomson

TomTomson Thread Starter

Ok, got it, thank you very much sir :)

9. flyer0101

flyer0101

No worries, if you need anymore help feel free to message me or if its unrelated make another topic. Also remember to hit the mark solved button :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1154737