1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is this even possible and if so how?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by BigTex, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

Is it possible (using PC Anywhere) from home, dialing in to the network (at work) performing the task that I need for the day and printing the documents on my home computer. Does anyone have an answer?

2. scottosan

scottosan

Yes, if your work has Remote Access/VPN.

3. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

Yes, it has Remote Access, so how do I make it work, so that I may print at home?

4. scottosan

scottosan

assuming your talking about windows based printing, I'm not sure what your asking. You should be able to use your printer being it is physically attatched to your pc

5. stod73

stod73

I would check with your Sys Admin at work to confirm how they would like you to connect to their network.

6. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

Well, let me try to make it clearer (sorry). My boss likes to do some of her work from home, remotely (using PCAnyWhere) to the workplace. But she wants to print the documents at home not at work. How do you do this?

7. stod73

stod73

I got this from PCAnywhere HELP:

"If you want to print a file located on the host computer to a printer at your location during a remote control session, you must specify your printer information in pcAnywhere. If you do not configure remote printing on your computer, your files are sent to the host computer’s default printer.
    When adding a printer, you must have the correct drivers for the printer that you are using. pcAnywhere prompts you for the location of the printer, what port to use, and other configuration information. "

So if you define her print info on the host computer then she should be able to print at home.

Good luck!

8. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

Thanks stod73, I'll give it a try!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice