Is this for real?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Looks like you would be getting pirated software at best. I have never seen a legal download of windows xp. Not even from Microsoft. I could be mistaken but I have never seen it. Even an upgrade involves a physical CD.

redcivic

Just seems like if it is illegal that microsoft would shut them down?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I don't see our MVP lead online right now, or I'd run it by him ;)

redcivic

I am rebuilding amachine right now for a friend and he wants XP pro. I figure I could save him a few bucks. I know he won't have the CD but......

redcivic

Well, ifit does not work then I can always tell my credit card peopel it was fraud and I will get my money back.

jd_957

Banned
when in doubt......

checking the site. i found no city, state or address for this company. cant even find them using the 'on line yellow pages'. i would recommend staying away.

they do not even offer a customer support section.

;) if all else fails and you have money to throw away. i am more then happy to take it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aca, what happened to the eagles?......KICK :p

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
redcivic said:
Well, ifit does not work then I can always tell my credit card peopel it was fraud and I will get my money back.

Yes, IF you are going to take the gamble, USE A CREDIT CARD. Not a debit card, a REAL credit card.

etaf

Wayne
check my link its also $49.95 and I'm sure its the same company http://ap.searchsft.biz/index.php . These are currently featured via google ads and I have sent an email to google asking for confirmation of company - as they have adobe photoshop very cheap....

but no way to contact them apart from an online form.

also in UK a credit card willl only deal with purchases over £100..

redcivic

Yeah, now that I took a good look at the site I'm not sure I want to take a chance. Damn, but what if it is okay...

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: FAST-STORE.NET
Registrar: DIRECT INFORMATION PVT. LTD., DBA DIRECTI.COM
Whois Server: whois.directi.com
Referral URL: http://www.directi.com
Name Server: NS1.1STSOTF-NS.COM
Name Server: NS2.1STSOTF-NS.COM
Updated Date: 31-jan-2005
Creation Date: 31-jan-2005
Expiration Date: 31-jan-2006

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online