1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is this good enough for high quality games?What should i do?

Discussion in 'Games' started by wilramcs, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wilramcs

wilramcs Thread Starter

I'm wondering if this is good enough for high quality games, if not what should i replace them with. When the new games came out and i tried them it started to lag so i started thinking if i should replace them with something better for the new outcoming games. Because i want to try the new high quality games, i'll be dissapointet if i don't get to try them.

RAM: 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 50 °C
    Graphics: BenQ G2420HD ([email protected])
    2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (XFX Pine Group)

Please help me on what i should replace them with, if you need more information you can ask.

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Any certain games in particular?

Honestly, you're gonna want a newer CPU and graphics card. And probably another 8gb of RAM. But this would mean a new motherboard too because the 3rd and 4th gen Core CPU's have different socket type.

3. wilramcs

wilramcs Thread Starter

ok thanks

4. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    If you tell us what games in particular we can advise you better and in more detail.

5. wilramcs

wilramcs Thread Starter

Do you have any tips on what is should buy?

6. wilramcs

wilramcs Thread Starter

The game is Tom clancy The division

7. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Are you having problems running this game?? That game is kinda old and your current system is sufficient to what it needs to run properly so you shouldn't be having any problems

8. wilramcs

wilramcs Thread Starter

The division is coming out next year and i would like to have the requirment. There isn't another The division i think.

9. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Ok I see what you're asking...you want to make sure when it comes out you can run it.

Forgive me for saying game was old I hadn't read the entire page and noticed it debuts 2016.

But with the above being said, it states the MINIMUM system requirements to play are a core 2 duo CPU. However recommended is a Haswell i5 quad core.

Are you wanting to play in the highest resolution with the best fos available? In that regard I still believe your current system will be able to run it adequately, however you may want a better graphics card right off the bat as the 7700 series is minimum requirements.

10. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
  11. wilramcs

wilramcs Thread Starter

Ok thank you, i'll try to contact a friend to help me with buying new graphic card, cpu, motherboard and one more 8 ram. I just want to make sure everything is good before the game so i don't have to wait. Thank you so much for helping.

12. wilramcs

wilramcs Thread Starter

Attached Files:

13. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Ok keep in mind that your current system WILL PLAY THE GAME and should do so adequately. May not run great on maximum settings though, so if that's what you want you will need some upgrades. If you want post your planned upgrades here and we can look them over. Remember though to make sure you have a QUALITY NAME BRAND power supply as well. You don't want a cheap PSU to crap out on your new hardware and damage something.

14. wilramcs

wilramcs Thread Starter

ok thanks :D

15. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    You will most likely have to pull off the side panel and look directly at the card to find out EXACTLY which 6000 series gpu it is. However the link above shows its 2gb and 256bit which is a good card...but may not be enough for maximum settings. Remember it's all about what resolution and image quality you are wanting.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1162748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice