1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is This Good For Your Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pakiya, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pakiya

pakiya Thread Starter

Check out the pic and considering PC is kept in a AC with most of the time dust free environement , will taking out all those extra things ( u hafta check out the pic guys ) in cooling

Attached Files:

2. active95

active95

It depends.. If you have a high speed ( as in lots of cfm ) fan, then you shouldn't have a problem.
    On the other hand if you don't have any fan in front ,that might acctually create a problem since air (eventually)/dust will get inside..

HTH

3. sykootic

sykootic

I pesonall havent done any tests to see if it affects the cooling of the case. I am sure that it can somehow affect the direction of air through the case. Blanks are cheap. Beside I think it looks better to have the slots covered.

4. bigsnowy

bigsnowy

My comp doesn't even have the side covers on let alone the slot covers in the back... ;)

I don't think that it's especially good for the pc but it's won't kill it.

5. pakiya

pakiya Thread Starter

ok ,

since it will be kept in the office of my dad,no one will be able to see how beautiful it is in there.

IT's full AC ......

So now tell me , I cover it or leave it like this coz the dust there is low..............

does keepin' it like makes coolin faster or something ??

common' I could have done a new breakthrough in compter hardware here by suggesting eveyone to keep there pc like this, u guys :p :p

rofl :D :p

6. carltasha

carltasha

you got full ac so it most lkely will work , no over cloocking , but its not a realy good idia in genaral. the airflow will be changed and probably not for the better

7. carltasha

carltasha

if you do over clock and heat is a problem , then it is important to have alll the bays coverd . you want to controle the air flow.

8. pakiya

pakiya Thread Starter

oh so tell me

I have one more comp with a PIV and I have over clocked it.

SO this One I am not takin out any bays ! RIGHT ?

this one is COMPLETELY tighted, with 3 fans inside .

9. sykootic

sykootic

A general rule is that you want equal airflow going in as you have coming out. Mr Miyagi say learn balance.

10. pakiya

pakiya Thread Starter

hmmmmmmm.......... so I leave 1 bay uncovered !!!!!

Mr.Miyagi gooooood teacher

11. Slithy Tove

Slithy Tove Guest

Laugh if you want, but there is hardly a non-sterile environment on the planet in which insects and rodents do not lurk. Keeping the machine exposed to this sort of infestation is not good. If a little mouse runs in late one night, and zaps himself and dies inside there you will have a mess - especially if you dont find it for a while. (air-flow is NOT the only issue)

12. exocet

exocet

First, I doubt that computer is in a sterile labratory setting, therefore it is not completely dust free. Give it time, and the dust will build up. Secondly, your computer case helps act as a vacuum, helping your fans pull air through the case. Having such a large area exposed, will merely accomplish stagnating the slow of air, not aiding in it. Those open bays will let air out, as well as INSIDE. Whereas if your case is secure, your fans will force cool air in through the front, and carrying hot air out of the back. With bays open, the fans cannot pull as much air through, and therefore more hot air will be trapped inside the case. I'd recommend sealing it up.

13. pakiya

pakiya Thread Starter

OK SO I AM GONNA SEAL THE DAMN THING , AND SEAL THE FULL THING

PERFECT ??????/

14. active95

active95

No reason to get all worked up :D... what the guys are trying to say is this...
    Not having the slots in the back it's ok , but even though the puter is in a A/C room it will not waranty that will not get dust inside of it. And also even though you have it in an A/C room it doesn't mean that it will run cooler since the A/C is not blowing cold air on the components that get hot ( cpu,video card,hard drive and motherboard chipset)
    Now, again the reason to have the cover slots in the back is due to the fact that the air ( as in dust/bugs/aliens :D) will get inside your computer and can create problems in the long run.
    So to summarize it... it's a good ideea to have the slots in the back covered, thus creating a nice air flow inside the computer which will keep the "hot" components cooler, but if you will continue to keep it like in the pic , it's ok too , just keep in mind that dust/bugs/aliens :D can get inside the puter and damage it in the long run...
    Now take a deep breath , relax and remember that all the guys here at techsupportguy.com are doing it from there goodness of there heart and no need to be sarcastic ;)

15. Slithy Tove

Slithy Tove Guest

You can also back into the same conclusion. Two supporting ideas:

1) If you were starting your own computer design company would not the design of the hardware (case and position of the internal components) to maximize the cooling or heat-transfer capability be one of your very highest priorities ? I assure you that such is the case with the reputable manufacturers in the marketplace today. If you don't get this piece right your machines are going to overheat and fail, and your company will go down the tubes.

2) If the design of a case was inefficient would you not expect to find, among the instructions, a very clear and unambiguous directive that "it is recommended that the cover be removed in order to assure proper cooling".

The choice is yours - and no-one here will be anything but supportive of your right to have a choice and to make your own decision.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/79286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice