Is this in order?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JamesE

I have a copy of XP bought with the bits with which I made machine A in Jan 2003. (and added SP2). I have a copy of XP bought last week with the bits for another machine (to replace my good lady's died old 98 stager). Let us call this B. I am minded to do a clean re-install on machine A. Can I use the disc which came with B but enter the code key from A? Both XPs are O.E.M. I want to do this because there are certain little wrinkles on the new one which are better than the old one. As e.g. the network wizard is better and also it will save me going through the long rigmarole of having to add SP2.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
It should work as long as the OEMs are both Pro, or both Home.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online