Is this PC a good deal for $450?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Anthonyo123

So someones selling me a wireless mouse, keyboard, and pc called "Alienware x51." He said he baught it for $1000 and it can run games on high settings with 60 fps. Is he lying? Is this a good deal? (Only parts listed are):
Intel i3 3.3GHz

16gb Ram

1TB Hard Drive

GTX 750 Ti 2GB

"Perfect Condition"
Im trying to use this pc for youtube gaming. Is it any good?

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
I wouldn't buy it for 450$.

i3 (and you didn't mention specifically which one either), is an entry-level CPU to begin with.

Gtx 750 Ti is also an "entry-level" graphics card.

If you just wanted it for YouTube it will be fine.

But nothing hardcore by any means.

It would help if we knew exactly which i3 it has and what KIND of DDR3 RAM, like the speed and brand.

to amplify on andrews post, the i3 is not a gaming chip these days- i5 is pretty much the minimum, preferably i7. The GTX750 was a good card when it came out, but again its a long way down the list these days.

I would also wonder about someone selling a wireless mouse and keyboard for a gaming rig- most (if not all) of us use wired, as its more reliable and tends (for me at least) to give a nicer feel.

In terms of price, when your friend bought the computer, it probably was a grand. Alienware USED to be a good brand that made high quality bespoke rigs but they were bought out by dell and dumbed down to being a nice logo and not a lot more. Converting to sterling I would say that I could build something a bit better than that for the money, and parts are more expensive here.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
So someones selling me a wireless mouse, keyboard, and pc called "Alienware x51." He said he baught it for $1000 and it can run games on high settings with 60 fps. Is he lying? Is this a good deal? (Only parts listed are):
Intel i3 3.3GHz
16gb Ram
1TB Hard Drive
GTX 750 Ti 2GB
Anthony:

Advise us what the exact "service tag/serial" number and "express service code" number are that's on that Alienware x51.

That will allow us to determine the exact description of the hardware it came with, and if any hardware has been added/upgraded in it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online