1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is this pc build good for gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Famous2274, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Famous2274

Famous2274 Thread Starter

I don't know if this is the topic/forum. I was wondering if this pc build could play all of the following.
    • Arma 3
    • Arma 2
    • Grand theft auto V(GTA5 for when it comes out)
    • Grand theft auto IV
    • battle field 3
    • battle field 4
    • Dead island
    • Crysis 3
    • all metro city's
    And a lot of games like that to medium-high-max settings.

If I posted this on the wrong forum i'm sorry.;)

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Famous/saved/sZxWGX

If you guys want you can post part suggestions.:)

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Some thoughts from me :)

Overall, not too bad.

Are you planning to overclock or any other particular reason for liquid cooling? If going stock speeds air cooling is perfectly good and will save a bit of money. Wouls still get a 3rd party heatsink and fan :)

Definately get a better quality power supply. This is particularly important for a gaming rig which will draw more power. Quality units will have a 5 year warranty, look for manufacturers like Seasonic, Corsair (HX, TX and AX models only), OCZ do some good ones. There are others.

I would also buy a better quality motherboard personally. MSI arent great in my opinion, I would look for a reasonable unit from Gigabyte or Asus.

The GPU etc will run those games, at those levels.

Consider an SSD for the operating system and maybe some games. It will be much quicker loading stuff etc.

Personal preference on HDD would be WD black drives, they are very good units.

Do you need a blueray player? If you have disks etc or are planning to get yhem no problem, however its a big expense for something that isnt really needed for gaming. Most stuff is downloadable now or comes on DVD for physical copies.

3. Famous2274

I'm super new at this. I'm not even going to put this all together having someone do it. If you could really help me out and pick the parts out? I know i'm asking for a lot. Thank you for replying. My budget is 1200

4. WildRazor

WildRazor

The Specs are overall OK!. If you can spare more $ than try improvising in CPU, GPU (could get better)

5. Famous2274

6. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    I can't open any of those links, just says webpage cannot be displayed.

7. Famous2274

Links fixed

8. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Looks OK overall, however I am still not a big fan of that particular PSU. It only appears to have a 3 year warranty (should be looking for units with 5 in my opinion) and I am also not a big fan of units with so many +12v rails, however that is probably more personal preference, there are pros and cons to both ways.

Some good unit examples below:

Corsair TX650 - http://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Enthu...ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1418200129&sr=1-8
    Put one of these in my sons gaming PC and it has been faultless, he is currently running a GTX760 on it.

Seasonic M12II 620 - http://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-M12I...ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1418200027&sr=1-1
    Slightly more expensive base price but not much different from yours if you consider shipping costs aswell.

Corsair HX 650 - http://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-M12I...ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1418200027&sr=1-1
    Again, very good unit but price is heading up now.

Its always best to get quality for the PSU and go a bit above what is recommended. This puts less strain on the PSU itself to provide the required load, which in turn helps to prolong its life and reduce risk of failure.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1138849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice