1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is this PC good enough for High-end games or mid graphics

Discussion in 'Games' started by rushman, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rushman

rushman Thread Starter

i have a processor with INTEL CORE i3 540 3.06GHz,Hdd:500 GB,4 GB RAM and GT430 1GB DDR3 Video Card,would my games run smooth cuz i am wanting to Play some more high-end games and somewhere they tell my this video card su**s and others tell me its quite good?I REALLY need to know (pretty plz :D ) I am wanting to play games that are new like COD:Black ops maby and World of Warcraft on max graphics and other.I even have 1 gb of spare ram i am not using and if i am on Windows 7 i could add it.Would that help me with running everything.I want to start some serious gaming like my friends and i cant do it if i dont have a good machine,right?

2. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    I have played CoD: Black Ops on my Intel Core 2 2.4GHz, 4GB Ram and Radeon HD 4850 card with no problems and since your specced machine is better than mine, I suspect it will play it better and smoother than mine?

3. rushman

rushman Thread Starter

Thanks for the information peterh40,I wish i could get some more advice from someone with close to my specs pc so i could know if some more advanced games would run (you know,games with high or ultra resolution)

4. ww6

ww6

Your computer will run new games great. It all depends on your video card. Yours is very good. The computer i have has a nvidia geforce 6800 256mb graphics card and can run Modern Warefare 2 fine. Just make sure in the future you download the newest drivers for your video card if you want to run games that require good a graphics card.

5. osarius

osarius

If my laptop (see specs above) can run games such as Portal, HL2, and blur with no problems whatsoever, your computer will be able to run practically any game, especially with that graphics card.

In fact, there's a website here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ that can tell you if you can run any game on their list.

6. ww6

ww6

I can run Portal and HL2 on my computer too. Portal and HL2 don't demand that good of a computer. Official Half-Life 2 Box minimum specs:
    • Processor: 1.2 GHz Processor
    • Graphic card: DirectX 7 level graphics card
    • Hard Drive: 4.5 GB
    • Memory: 256 MB RAM

7. rushman

rushman Thread Starter

Thank you all for your posts.You don't know how happy you made me ^^

8. bigk

bigk

The processor is a little weak to be honest. Hard drive and ram are perfectly fine, and I would recommend at least a GTS or higher. But you are in the 400's range so I think you'll do ok. (I don't have this set up and I don't know the specs for the GT 430 so really I don't know.)

I would recommend at i5 dual core (2.0+) at the VERY least.

9. Masta Squidge

Masta Squidge

You guys are giving that gt430 more credit than it is worth. Dont get me wrong, its not a bad video card. But by no means is it a high performance being. It is a mid-low end card in the 400 series. My friend has one, and it does a very good job with world of warcraft on medium to high settings. However the game locks him from going any higher with settings.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Then ctrl+f and search for GT 430 or simply scroll down. It scores 718. Then look up and you can see which cards will vastly outperform the GT430. As means of comparison, a 9800 GTX+ (which I used to use one) performs slightly better than its rebranded GTS 250 brother at about 1100 points.

To put that in comparison, the 9800 GTX+ I owned was factory overclocked and struggled to keep up with Far Cry 2 on high settings. Ultra was unplayable. And that game is a few years old now.

Just trying to give you a comparison here. A GT 430 will do ok for gaming, but its not exactly a powerhouse or even a mid-range card.

A 4850 is a much, much faster card than the GT 430 by the way.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976317

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice