is this possible - win installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Leo-KLC

i have a problem installing win xp or vista on my laptop (msi megabook m635: amd turion64, toshiba 60GB ide, 512mb ram, vga ati mobility radeon x700).

is it possible that i have a defect motherboard and so my installation freezes?

as i've said a couple days ago, when i try to install win, i get the line "setup is loading files", it ends and writes "setup is loading windows" and freezes. i've tried changing ram and hdd, still the same problem. i ran all tests from hirens boot cd, all tests pass.

i can install and use linux ubuntu without any problems.

is it possible that motherboard is the problem? if so, why does ubuntu work without problems? how can i test the motherboard to make sure?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts